The Business Development (BD) Operations Specialist is responsible for planning, managing, and operating key aspects of the Business Development Function. The BD Operations Specialist will support the BD function and will report to the BD Operations Director, interacting extensively with the Head of BD and Marketing, Head of New Client Acquisition, consulting and functions team members.
- Maintain standards for and as appropriate update Vynamic BD Collateral in partnership with other content owners including Heads of Sector, Head of Services / Service Leads, etc.
- Maintain BD Subsite, Store/Tag/Organize Client Proposals and Case Studies.
- Build out Pitch Decks where Service or Sector capacity does not allow.
- Scrub selected client deliverables of confidential information for the purposes of documenting BD case studies that can be shared with a broader set of clients.
- Respond to Vynamic’s Yammer Knowledge Base requests as needed by providing pertinent information to support team member needs related to BD content. Tag these replies to improve future search capabilities.
Business Development Reporting & Operations
- Enhance and maintain BD targeting models (e.g., the DIY Segmentation Grid) across sectors, services, and hubs, refreshing data 1-4 times per year.
- Review and prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly Business Development Reports.
- Assess Vynamic.com site and social post performance and manage client facing content on Vynamic.com in partnership with Marketing and Marketing vendor partners.
Proposal Automation and Opportunity “Pitch” Support
- Assist in Proposal Generation as prioritized opportunities move through the pipeline.
- Provide Program Management and proposal content development in response to formal Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Manage any/all agency vendors to enhance creative expression of brand in proposals or related collateral.
- Streamline, standardize, and automate the proposal generation process to a level that meets consulting team needs.
BD Capability Ownership
- Own and operate the Competitive Intelligence capability including who we compete with by sector, service, and hub, price comparison, and competitive advantages/disadvantages relative to Vynamic.
- Work with BD Operations Director to establish and operate Account Planning Hub (best practices, templates, tracking, process).
- Assist in the data gathering needed ahead of key rate card negotiations including competitive intel, client satisfaction data, project financials, account statistics, mix of work, etc.
- Operate the Client Satisfaction Survey (formerly NPS) process with direction from the BD Operations Director.
- Ensure adoption & consistency of Opportunity Tracker, following up with team members when necessary. Own enhancement roadmap, working across other functional teams including Finance, Staffing, Operations and Tech Team to make it all happen.
- Own and maintain the BD Reference Guide and other ancillary reference guides and training info owned by BD team.
- Operate LinkedIn Sales Navigator reporting for all accounts.
BD Operations for Vynamic Leadership Groups
- Assist the Leadership of Sectors, Services, Accounts, Hubs, and Functions in the evaluation of current and future service/sector offerings through a mix of reporting, analytics, and market intelligence.
- Plan and manage all Sector and Service meeting logistics, agendas, follow up notes, and scheduling.
- Work with Finance and Business Insights Manager to provide pipeline reports and other FLT Reports.
- Assist consulting team members with facilitation of contract reviews and signatures (per BD Reference Guide).
Special Projects Linked to Ashfield / UDG
- Operate COLLABORATE program inbox, tracker, communications, and reporting with input and direction from the BD Operations Director.
- Support special projects related to the execution of the Ashfield Advisory ecosystem strategy.
- Support Project Enterprise workstream(s) until resources are mobilized to fully support it.
Other / Ad-Hoc
- Helping Clients Succeed (HCS) Training support as it relates to team member experience including content and homework organization, scheduling, and feedback facilitation.
- Support in business development client events.
Competencies & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with reporting/analytics
- Experience working in or with a business development function preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of curiosity
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Products including PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Basic working knowledge of CRM and demand tracking systems (e.g., Salesforce)
- Basic working knowledge of reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of business development and/or professional services client dynamics including the ability to view Vynamic offerings from a client’s perspective
- Excellent organizational skills, keeping track of many moving pieces amid constant change
- Excellent planning and project management skills, especially as it relates to being resourceful in the development of BD collateral or RFP responses amid scarce resources (i.e., limited number of content authors, limited time from those authors)
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Demonstrated understanding of brand standards
- Ability to interface effectively with internal team members and external parties
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent follow-up skills and attention to details
- Operates within Vynamic values